Some Positive Ideas and a Living Map of US History
This “Positive Ideas” news letter goes out once a week or so to about 1,000 friends and colleagues around the USA and in various locations overseas.
Click on the link below – it will take you to a “moving” map of the USA, which shows The USA from the beginning of the 13 states through the present. It includes the acquisitions from England and Spain, the Slave states, the Free states, a segment on the Civil war, it includes some mentions of Central and South America, etc.
It also shows the Indian Nations as they were during the Indian Wars: Modac, Miwok, Mujave, Nez Perce, Flat Head, Crow, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Navajo, Apache, Dakota, Sioux, Kiowa, Wichita and Comanche.
Turn on your sound, as the narration is a significant portion of the presentation.
Click on the line below. (Then when it opens,…Just Click on Play at the top.)
- We reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
- That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.
- As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master.
- This expresses my idea of democracy.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
John F. Kennedy
- A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The
one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.
- An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.
Nothing else in the world… not all the armies… is so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
The Tom O’Connor Group
Economic and Management Consultants
A Veteran-Owned Company
781 626 6667 international